The Orthodox Church "Saint Nicholas":

Monument of religious architecture LMI Code: HD-II-M-A-03 317 Date: 1528
The Orthodox Church - St. Nicholas from Geoagiu-Suseni area is a massive construction, made in Baroque style of rough stone limestone, laid in lime mortar with wooden two-storey tower overlapping of 24 m length, 9, 20 m width, 4-5 m height and the thickness of walls of 1 and ½ m. The Church has a semicircular vault. The Altar and the nave windows are framed in massive arches, still retaining some features of the Gothic style, which have not been removed permanently from subsequent renovations. The altar was separated from the nave by a massive wall.
Untill 1931, the Church tower was made of wood and covered with shingles. Felled by a storm in 1931, the tower was built in the form of “octogonal” prism and was covered with galvanized and the arches of the church windows have lost their Gothic features, received a Byzantine style tone.

The Bishop of Maramures Vasile Stan being here on a pilgrimage, would have said: This Church will lasts a thousand years more!

Conţinutul acestui material nu reprezintă în mod obligatoriu poziţia oficială a Uniunii Europene sau a Guvernului României
Pentru informaţii detaliate despre celelalte programe cofinanţate de Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi: www.fonduri-ue.ro
Initiativa locala. Dezvoltare regionala.
www.inforegio.ro Investim in viitorul tau! Proiect selectat in cadrul Programului Operational Regional si co-finantat de Uniunea Europeana prin Fondul European pentru Dezvoltare Regionala

Copyright © Orasul Geoagiu 2010-2011 | Toate drepturile rezervate